Thursday 8 December 2011

Threefold holiness




For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones. For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made. – Isaiah 57v15-16

I have to thank my good friend and former ‘boss’ for bringing this to my attention. I was flying someplace while reading the book ‘Be Ye Holy’ by Fred Moritz when I saw his comments on this verse and that spurred me on to further study. It is an amazing concept. Dr Moritz pointed out here the three-fold holiness of God in this one verse. He writes that God reveals His 1)intrinsic holiness, 2) transcendent holiness, and 3) His immanent holiness.

The concept that is almost incomprehensible is that the God Who is holy by His very nature, and Who is unique in His holiness condescend to bring that holiness to man. Pardon a bit of vernacular, but that just blows me away!

I remember sitting on that plane and putting the book down just to stop and think about it. The perfectly holy God, whose very name is holy and the One who lives in the high and lofty place is not content to live there. Instead He was willing to bring that holiness to a sin filled and sin cursed world.

Wow!

I don’t know what else to say. Praise God that in His love the One whose name is Holy is willing to come and live with me! 

No comments: