Thursday 12 January 2012

I am the Lord, I speak…




For I am the LORD. I speak, and the word which I speak will come to pass; it will no more be postponed; for in your days, O rebellious house, I will say the word and perform it,” says the Lord GOD.’  - Ezekiel 12v25

The time for God to act had come to pass. Ezekiel was in Babylon foretelling the fall of Jerusalem and its eventual restoration. In these prophecies there are some words about our future, but that is for another time and place. The point here is that God was going to do what He had been saying for many years. He was about to pour out His wrath.

But I want to focus on a particular principle here. God says ‘I am the Lord, I speak, and the word I speak will come to pass.’

We may not be in the exact same situation, but the truth that God does what He says He will do is still true. It reminds me of where God says in Isaiah says that His word will not ‘return void’ but that it will do exactly what He wants it to do.

That truth should both challenge and comfort us. It should challenge us in that one day Christ will return to wrap things up here. It’s going to happen. We need to be sure that our family and friends are ready. We need to be sure that we are ready.

It should also be comfort. God is love. He is not going to change. Jesus has gone on to prepare a place for us. One day He is coming back for us. He will give us grace and comfort in the most difficult times.

God’s promises are true. He will do what He says He will do. 

No comments: