Wednesday 14 March 2012

I will stand on my watch




I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected. – Habakkuk 2v1

Habakkuk was in a real state of confusion. God was going to punish Israel, but he was going to use a nation even more wicked than evil despite the fact that He was too pure to see evil.

I can understand that , Sometimes God does not make any sense to me.

I like what Habakkuk did. Instead of whinging and complaining and griping he decided to sit down and shut up and see what God was going to do.

We are all going to face times when God doesn't make sense to us. This is when we face the real faith test.

The hardest thing for me to do is to sit back and wait for a situation to get sorted. I hate it. My wife has often stopped me from picking up the phone or hopping in a car to go sort something out. Its a good thing, because I would usually mess it up.

When things don't seem to fit one thing is sure. It is not God who is wrong. It is us.

Sometimes I need to sit in my own watchtower and wait for God to work.  

No comments: