Thursday 29 March 2012

Is the seed still in the barn?




Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day I will bless you.' " – Haggai 2v9

It is easy enough to wonder where God’s blessings are. It is easy to wonder where all the fruit is.

It is easy, while focusing on the ‘nothings’ we looked at yesterday and get discouraged.

Here Haggai asks a rhetorical question. ‘Is the seed still in the barn?’ ‘Of course not’ is the implied answer – the seed has been sown, yet the vines are empty and the trees do not bear fruit.

God’s point is clear. You’ve done what you can. I am going to bless you. Just wait for me now.

This reminds me of the verse in Galatians that reminds us ‘don’t be weary in well doing, in due season you will reap if you don’t quit.’

We do need to check ourselves thought to see if the seed is indeed still in the barn, If we are keeping the message of salvation to ourselves than we have not done our bit and can’t expect God to bless.

Is the seed in the barn?

1 comment:

www.anothermonthofsundays.wordpress.com said...

I love this Roger! Thanks for letting God use you to speak so clearly for me. Timely, well received, and so....patiently I continue to wait on our Father. I am but a seed right now...