Thursday 15 March 2012

Keep silence




"But the LORD is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before Him."   - Habakkuk 2v20

'The Lord is in His holy temple.' This powerful statement of faith is so powerful in its simplicity that we can miss the impact. This is one of the verses I find myself clinging to when things seem to be going really, really wrongly.

I am like most people I think. When things don’t go the way I think they should I often get into a funk and wonder what is going on. I may not say it out loud very often, but sometimes I do wonder about all of this stuff.

The problem is that I only wonder when I forget who is in charge and where the one in charge is.

Habakkuk seems about ready to do just that when he remembered something. The Lord was where He always is. He was in His holy temple overseeing all that was taking place.

While we are waiting on our watch for God to answer we need to remember who our God is. We need to remember that He is still in control. And chances are we need stop complaining, shut our mouths, and let God do His work.

1 comment:

Pastor Wynn said...

Amen. Great reminder.