Friday 9 March 2012

When I fall




Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The LORD will be a light to me. – Micah 7v8

Yesterday’s statement of great faith is followed by today’s statement of faith and confidence. I like this verse in so many ways. Micah did not say ‘If I fall and if I find myself in darkness.’ Instead he said ‘When I fall and when I am in darkness.’

Micah knew well that the Christian life was not all victories and great times. He knew that hard times were just a part of serving God. We are not exempt from suffering just because we belong to God.

Sometimes I get tired of falling. Sometimes I get tired of being in those dark days and dark hours. Sometimes I wonder about my faith when I keep going back to those times. How long is it going to be before I quit that falling and quit finding the darkness?

I don’t know. It may very well be heaven before I get there.

The question for you and me is what we are going to do on the meantime. I hope I can have the same determination that Micah had. 

Don’t rejoice when you think I am beaten. Don’t laugh when I fall. Don’t mock when I get down and the darkness surrounds me.

When that happens I WILL get back up again and I will find the light of the Lord. 

No comments: