Thursday 11 October 2012

I do the things that please Him




And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." As He spoke these words, many believed in Him. – John 8.29-30

There is a lot here in this part of Jesus teaching. He keeps on going, even when a great number of His disciples turn away from Him. He kept at it with comments like we read here, ‘the Father has not left me alone. He who sent me is with me.’

So He did the things that pleased the Father.

I know that we are not going to be as perfect as Jesus. I know that I will never get to the point where I always do what please the Father. I am still a sinner – I am not going to be perfect.

But should our goal not be to emulate Jesus here? Should we not strive to say ‘I always do the things that please the Father?’

I for one fall far short of that goal. I am amazed sometimes how short I fall of the goal of doing the things that please God.

As Jesus always did the things that please the Father many believed in Him.

I have to wonder if I were truly striving to always please my heavenly Father what kind of impact in leading others to believe in, not me, but Him.

No comments: