Thursday 24 January 2013

Who am I?


If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?" – Acts 11.17

Sometimes the things God does don’t make any sense to us. Of course we can never understand Him completely because He is God and we are not. Peter was recounting all that had happened between him and Cornelius and the Gentiles. No one of those Jews could have imagine that the God of Israel would ever reach out to anyone but the Jews.

But God had a greater plan. As we saw yesterday God broke down all the human boundaries. Peter may not have understood it all, but he had the right attitude. 'If God wants to include the Gentiles who am I to try and withstand God?

I don’t have a whole lot to say here. I am never going to understand all that God does. I can’t see the whole picture. All I can see is my specific place and my specific time and my specific circumstance. God sees it all. He knows how every little piece fits into the puzzle.

So who am I to withstand Him? 

2 comments:

Alistair said...

John 13:7 Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.”

Naas Preacher said...

I just wish I could apply that to my life on a more regular basis.