Saturday 21 September 2013

View in a smeared mirror

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. - 1 Corinthians 13.11-12

Life can be confusing. Very, very, very confusing. There are times when life makes no sense at all. We read things in the scriptures that seem to not make any sense. We know they are true, we have the faith to believe, we have all the confidence in the world. But still...

Our real life circumstances just don't seem to always fit. It is like we are trying to figure out what is going on in our lives and we look into a mirror to try to see if we can figure out what the problem is. But there is another problem. The mirror is dirty and smudged and our image is distorted. We can't see what is wrong and don't really know how to fix it. It seems like an unfixable mess, but we just keep plugging away. 

But one day it will be clear. All the mysteries and darkness will fall away when we see Christ face to face. The day will one day come when we will know it all as well as Christ knows us today. 

The great truth is that I don't have to get it now. One day God is going to sort it all out. One day, when the mirror is clean, we are going to see it all clearly. 

What a day that will be. 

No comments: