Tuesday 8 October 2013

Refreshers

For they refreshed my spirit and yours. Therefore acknowledge such men. – 1 Corinthians 16.18

Have you ever known the kind of Christian who seems to have a knack for putting a damper on everything? You know the type, a spiritual wet blanket. We all know for too many Christians like that. There is always a reason to squelch any kind of excitement. That kind of company if far too common, and sadly I know that I have been guilty of the same. 

But there is an example of having the opposite effect. 

Paul knew three men named  Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus. They were a blessing because they had met every need where the Corinthians had fallen short. 

Not only that, but they were known because they had, in Paul's words, 'refreshed my spirit and yours' 

Three men whose made it into the word of God simply because they had the ability to refresh Paul's spirit. 

Wouldn't it be great to be known as a refresher? Wouldn't it be great if every time we spoke with someone they left our company the felt refreshed and renewed? 

Lord, help be to be a refresher to everyone I meet today. Help me to refresh every soul. 

No comments: