Monday 21 October 2013

We do not lose heart



Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart.-  2 Corinthians 4:1

A few months ago I was walking along the canal and praying. Usually my canal prayers may not seem like the most spiritual prayers. On this particular walk I was complaining – yes, me – I was complaining. or, if you will, I was prayplaining.

I hope I am not the only one who has done this. You know what I am talking about. God is not doing things your way so you are giving out telling Him how it should be done. While you are at it you are telling God how to sort it out and how you would do it if you were in charge. My complaint this day was about the work God has given us. 

Anyway, I was on the canal about 3 minutes from home having a good grumble. Suddenly, out of 'nowhere' came this thought, but it might just have well been the big 'God voice' you see in the movies.

'Therefore, seeing that YOU have THIS ministry, don't you dare faint.' (I learned it in the KJV)

I literally threw up my hands. God had me. As always He won the debate.

I don't know about you, but I find comfort and confidence in this passage. Sometimes, like this incident, God has to be blunt with me. Sometimes He can can gently and lovingly give me the blessings I need to keep going.

Either way the message is the same. Don't faint. Don't give up. Be steadfast. Don't be weary in well doing.

Stay at it.


If God has given you ministry don't faint. Don't lose heart. Stay with the stuff. 

No comments: