Monday 2 December 2013

Captive thoughts.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, - 2 Corinthians 10.4-5 

Our natural thinking is always going to get us into trouble – always. Just think about where our thinking comes from. Think about the cesspool of thoughts that we have to live and deal with. 

I don’t know about everyone else, but I am amazed at the thoughts I can produce sometimes. I find myself thinking about stuff, start dwelling on it, then am shocked and disgusted when I realise where my thoughts are. 

How does that happen? 

And I actually trust that mind to guide my thinking?  

The scriptures tell us here how we deal with that corrupted concept of thinking. We are, as a part of our struggle with this world, to bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 

That mind battle is constantly ongoing. Our fleshly cries out 'PAY ATTENTION TO ME!! THINK ABOUT ME!!' All the while the still sweet voice of the Holy Spirit whispers to our spirit that we are the sons of God.

Every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 

Which line of  thinking are we going to heed? Where are we going to allow thoughts to dwell? Where will our thoughts be held captive? 

No comments: