Saturday 9 November 2013

Sin for us

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. - 2 Corinthians 5:21

I am, as the vernacular puts it, totally blown away by this astounding truth. 

He made Him, who knew no sin, to be made sin for us. 

There is so much astounding truth packed away in 2 Corinthians that sometimes we can miss the astoundingness. This is one of those 

As part of God's great plan of reconciliation He made the perfect Jesus, the one who 'knew no sin,' who never sinned, not once, to become sin in our place. 

Jesus took on sin for you and me. That is almost beyond my limited comprehension. How and why would the perfect holy one become sin when. He had no sin? Why would he experience the Father turning away while He suffered on the cross carrying the guilt and shame of my sin? 

Because He loves me with that great love wherewith He loved us, and so that we might become the righteousness of God, not in ourselves, but in Him. 

Praise God that the perfect  one became sin in my place, that I might spend eternity with Him. Praise God that Jesus became sin for me. 

No comments: