Saturday 2 November 2013

To please Him

Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. - 2 Corinthians 5:9

While we by faith instead of sight we have a clear purpose laid out for us. 

It makes no difference where we are. We can be here or there. We can be alive or dead. We can be present in the body and absent from the Lord or we can be absent from the body and present with the Lord. We can be in good times or bad times. We can be in the valley or on the mountaintop. It makes no difference. 

Our aim is simple 

We make it our aim...to be well pleasing to Him. 

I think we need to ask ourselves who we are aiming to please. My biggest problem he comes in the fact that I like to please me. I enjoy pleasure. I like to have the meal I like. I like to do the things I want to do. I am, indeed, sometimes all about pleasing me. 

Paul couldn't make it any clearer could he? Our aim is to be well pleasing to Christ. 

It's not a law. It is not a regulation. It is simply a matter of pleasing the One who gave up all for us. 

This isn't real complicated. I think we need to honestly ask ourselves who we aimed to please yesterday. Even more important than that, who are we going to aim to please today? 

No comments: