Saturday 25 January 2014

An inheritance...to the praise of His glory

In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. - Ephesians 1:11-12

There are well and truly a lot of blessings in this first chapter of Ephesians. God has blessed us with so much that it is hard to get it all into just a few words.  

One of these blessings in my eternal inheritance. 

An inheritance is something that is laid up in store me. It is something that is coming. Though it is not here yet, it still is mine. 

Our inheritance is a shared inheritance with Christ. We are co-heirs with Him. All the fullness of Christ short of His deity will one day be ours. 

Peter describe the totality and the assurance of our salvation. Peter says it is:

Incorruptible 
Undefiled
Will not fade away

Buy even more then that is how this inheritance is preserved. My wonderful inheritance is preserved not by me or my work or my goodness or by anything else but by the power of Christ. 

If I could keep my salvation it would be to the praise of my glory. I did it, stayed saved, I kept my inheritance.  

But my inheritance, preserved and kept by Christ, is to the praise of His glory. I know for a fact that if I was in charge of keeping my inheritance it would be long gone. 

No comments: