Thursday 23 January 2014

Riches of His grace

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, - Ephesians 1.7-8

Redemption through His blood
The forgiveness of sins

I guess there are not any two things that I could be more grateful for. I have been redeemed, bought back, and adopted back by God as His son. And, I have had my sins forgiven. Those are all great and wonderful and amazing and powerful and impossible blessings. I thank God for doing the impossible.

But what I want to look at the power that made all this possible.

It all happened according to the riches of  God's grace. He made the riches of His grace abound to us. He did it all in His perfect wisdom and with exact prudence. In other words He did it all right.

Not dos what He does with an incredible and unfathomable power. He has the unlimited riches of His unlimited grace in store and. He has His unlimited abundance of power to supply it. The wonderful truth for me is that His grace will never run out.

I am really glad of that. If God's grace could run out I would surely have long ago used up my share of it.

No comments: