Friday 31 January 2014

Power

and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, - Ephesians 1.19-20

I think that most of us have at one time or another tried to do things in our own power. We can be like children says ‘I can do it myself.'

Every time I have tried that though I have realised just how far I fall short. My strength is weak. I am frail. In fact I am pretty much powerless. It just doesn't work. 

But what if we could harness the power to raise from the dead? What if we had available to us the power to raise Jesus from the dead and set Him up in heaven with Christ? What could we do if we could avail of that power?

The wonderful truth is that we have that kind of power at hand. Paul prays that we would know the exceeding greatness of God's power. Not just His power, but the exceeding greatness of His power which He shows to all who believe.

And the basis of the exceeding greatness of His power? That power is the mighty power by which Christ was raised from the dead and then lifted Him up into the heavenlies.


How can ever see ourselves as weak and powerless in serving Christ when God offers us that kind of power? 

No comments: