Thursday 20 February 2014

Above all we ask or think

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,  - Ephesians 3.20

So what can God do? How much can He accomplish? What can He do that we can't? Is there any situaton which is just too hard for Him to do? Can God do the thing that is consuming my life right now? Can He really carry me through? Can He really meet that need?

Our problem is, well at least my problem is, that I tend to judge my issues and challenges and problems based on what I can do to solve them. I forget that there is a much better 'solver' and a much bigger 'fixer' than me. My flesh doesn't like that. I like to be the one that fixes things and solve problems. My pride gets in the way of letting go of things for someone else to fix. 

The hard truth though is that there a lot of things I can't fix. I can't fix Michelle's cancer. I can't fix Matt's exhaustion. I can't fix the economy. I can't fix the fact that we got caught in the restn trap during the Celtic tiger and dont own a home. I can't fix these and so many other things. Even if I could I would probably make a royal mess of it. 
But we have a God who delights in doing what is impossible for us. We have a God who is not bound by our limitations. We have a God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ask or even think to ask. 

Is anything too hard for the Lord? No He is the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal God who spoke the heavens and the earth into existance.

Nothing is impossible with God. 

Are any of the very real problems you and I are dealing with too much for Him?

No. 

He can do it. 
He can do it exceedingly well. 
He can do it exceedingly and with abundance. 
He can do it exceedingly and with abunance far above anything I can even think to ask or event think to think about.

And He does it through the great power that works in us. 

If I really believe He loves me and really believe that he can do exceedingly and abundantely how I can ever really doubt ot fear? 

No comments: