Monday 10 March 2014

Don't grieve the Spirit

Do not grieve the Holy Spirit

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. – Ephesians 4.30

We looked yesterday about why we should learn to control out tongues and put away all kinds of corrupt communication. Is is destructive. Instead of tearing each other down we should be building each other up.

There are two reasons why that is so important.

1) So that we can impart grace, or pleasure to those who hear our words
2) And that point for today, because we grieve the Holy Spirit of God

Our words do more than just hurt each other - it also grieves the Holy Spirit of God.

I think I can see that. When our children were younger it was sad to see them in their immaturity get mean to each other and say mean things. It made us sad.

Though we can’t accurately understand God’s emotions I think that is a sense of how it affects God when our words are full of evil and corruption – He is grieved.


By the grace of God may my words never grieve the One who seals my salvation until the day I am filly redeemed. 

No comments: