Monday 2 June 2014

Holy, blameless, above reproach

in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight – Colossians 1.22

How many of us ever feel holy, blameless, and above reproach in our Christian lives? I am sure that there are some people who have the mistaken view that they qualify but most of, faced with the reality of everyday living, would never even claim such a thing.

I strive to, but certainly fail, to live a holy life
I strive, but fail, to be blameless
I strive to live above reproach so that I cannot be reproved – but fail there too.

So if the standard to get into heaven is holy, blameless, and above reproach I wouldn't have a chance.

It’s a good thing I didn’t have to do it on my own. It’s a good thing that I am declared holy and blameless and above reproach through the shed blood of Christ.

Praise God that Jesus, though His death, is able to present me before God so that I am holy, blameless, and above reproach.


And by His grace and through His strength may I present myself before men the same way in the meantime. 

No comments: