Wednesday 16 July 2014

The word that works in you

For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.  - 1 Thessalonians 2.13

Paul and his team thanked God for the way they applied the word of God to their lives. They didn't just hear the words as the words of the great missionaries, but they received them as the word of God.

That is how the word of God must be received, because while man's words may or may not work, God's words will always work.

When we truly believe God's work has the freedom to work in our lives. When we truly believe it in its effectiveness to work then we quit trying to work things out our own way, but we step aside and let him work.

But God's word can't work in me unless I am letting it into my heart. With God's word working in my heart I can effectively battle sin and temptation. When God's word is working in my life I have a light for my path. When God’s word is working I have an answer to the problems that come my way.

My problem though is that I too often let too many other things get in my way and guide me instead of letting the word of God dwell in me.


The word of God that dwells in me, if it truly dwells there, will also work in me for His glory and my betterment. 

No comments: