Thursday 10 July 2014

To wait

For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. – 1 Thessalonians 1.9-10

I have said it before. Anybody who knows me knows it. Waiting is anathema to me. It is not my cuppa tea.

But even I know that there is something worth waiting for.

We are waiting for our King to come back.

Despite how I feel about it waiting is a good.

‘It is good that a man would learn to patiently wait on the Lord’
‘He that waits on the Lord will renew his strength’
‘Wait on the Lord and He will strengthen your heart’

But there is something to do while we wait. We aren’t just sitting around like we are waiting for a bus. We don’ t sit here with our bags packed and looking at the clock. We are to be serving while we wait.

Those of us who are saved have hopefully turned from our old idols. We are waiting for Jesus to come back. It is vital that we keep serving till the day He does return.


Even so, come Lord Jesus. 

No comments: