Sunday 10 August 2014

Pray for us

Brethren, pray for us. Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss. – 1 Thessalonians 5.25-26

Last week I received a Facebook message from a dear friend who asked us to pray for his health as it seems to be deteriorating. I responded that I wish I was closer so that I could do something tangible but that I would be praying.  He responded ‘Thanks, Roger....really can't think of anything more desirable than a brother's earnest prayer.’

Not just praying in general, but praying for others is a vital teaching. It is so vital in fact that Samuel said 'God forbid that I should sin by not praying for you.'

There are other important things to pray about, of course. We need to pray for the salvation of souls. We need to be ready to give thanks. We need to honour God with our prayers. We pray for our provision. We pray that God’s will be done.


But let’s not forget to pray for each other – we certainly need it. And nothing will draw us together like praying for each other.  

No comments: