Tuesday 5 August 2014

Pray without ceasing

pray without ceasing - 1 Thessalonians 5.17

I wish I understood more about praying. I wish I knew how it ‘works.’ There are volumes written and sermons preaches and seminars and Bible studies and all of that, but I still don’t know how it all works.
I don’t understand how people pray for deliverance from a storm then rejoice when the storm hits someone else. I don’t understand how one can pray for rain and get it, and someone else just a few miles can pray for rain and not get it. I don’t understand how sometimes prayer for healing is met with healing and other time it is met with death. I don’t understand how have thousands of people praying about a matter is any more effective than the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man.

I have a feeling I am never going to get it until we get to heaven.

But for now all I know is that God wants me to talk to Him.

Men ought to always pray and not lose heart
Prayer without ceasing
In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God
Pray for each other
Pray for those in authority
Pray for your daily provision

Pray without ceasing simply means that I need to be in constant communication with my God. Prayer is not intended to conform God to our will, but to draw us close to Him so that we learn to trust Him no matter what the circumstances. When we pray we know we are being obedient and that obedience gives us peace. Philippians 4 challenges us not to be full of cares, but to approach God with a thankful and supplicative spirit. It doesn’t promise us that we will get what we want, but that God will give us the peace that passes all understanding to protect our hearts and minds.


Prayer without ceasing. Leave the results with God. Rest in His peace. 

No comments: