Friday 15 August 2014

The Lord is faithful

But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.  – 2 Thessalonians 3.3

‘Some men have not faith’ is true – but one thing is certain – the Lord is faithful.

The faithfulness of the Lord is such a blessing and such a comfort. As much as I might like to be and as much as I might try to be there are times when I am not going to be faithful. I am going to fail. My faith is going to be weak and my faithful service may suffer. But my Saviour will always be proven faithful.

He is the one who establishes us for the faith and He is the one who guards us in struggles. The evil one will never win. His defeat is assured. That doesn't mean that he is never going to have temporary or minor victories, but our Guard and Protector will assure that Satan will not come out on top. His defeat has been assured since 'He will bruise your heel, but you will crush his head.'

He keeps us. He assures our inheritance. He establishes us. He guards us.


If He didn’t establish my faith and He didn’t guard my faith I wouldn’t have much hope. I would always fail. Praise the Lord that He is faithful – even when I fail. 

No comments: