Thursday 20 November 2014

Eternal redemption…Eternal inheritance



" Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption….And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance." - Hebrews 9:12-15

Eternity is a tough concept to grasp. Since we are time bound beings we can’t really conceive of how eternal eternity is. All we can say is that it goes on forever.

And that is enough for this passage. It answers the questions of ‘how long can my redemption last?’ and ‘how long is my inheritance good for?’

The answer to both of those questions is ‘forever.’

I have been redeemed by the blood of Christ. My redemption is forever because once I have been redeemed I can never again be ‘unredeemed.’

The inheritance Christ gave me is also forever. It does not fade away and it is not preserved by me. It is preserved by Christ. My inheritance is in Christ and it cannot be cancelled.


I am glad that my redemption is accomplished. Praise God that my inheritance is sealed. Praise the Lord that they are both eternal and cannot be ended. 

No comments: