Wednesday 11 March 2015

The ability God provides

If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. – 1 Peter 4.11

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And that includes ministering and serving. 

Ministry can be a tough thing to do. I am not talking about ‘full time vocational ministry’ here but just basic serving each other. Sometimes we give and give and give and pour out our lives and drain ourselves physically and emotionally and spiritually. Sure, we have to be careful to pace ourselves and not ruin our own health, but, saying that, we are still called to a life of serving each other. 

It can seem sometimes that we just can’t minister any more. And, in the flesh, we can’t. We can’t do it on our own because we only have so much. We need to take a break now and then. We need to consider our our health and our families, but we also can’t afford to just stop. 

God is glorified through our ministry to each other. When we find it difficult to serve we can count on God to give us the strength to keep serving. When we minister with His power He is glorified. When I try to serve in my own ability I am going to eventually fail. 

God give me the ability to serve others so that I can remember the ministry Christ had and has for me.  

No comments: