Wednesday 15 April 2015

Cleansed

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. – 1 John 1.5-7

The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

That’s something that every believer knows and has heard preached dozens of times. It is one of those things that, if we are not careful, can lose its impact and its vitality as time goes by.

‘Sure, I know I am cleansed by the blood of Christ.’

Every time we fellowship around the Lord’s Table we are reminded of that truth.

But do we often dwell on what that really means? It means that ‘though my sins were as scarlet now they are as white as snow.’ It means that though I was born in sin and lived in sin I am clean and able to stand before God because of what Jesus has done for me. My sins are washed away by Jesus’ ultimate sacrifice on the cross. It means that Jesus blood covers me so that God is willing to look on Jesus and pardon me.

‘Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb. Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?’

Despite the utter depravity and ugliness of my sin God has shown me His grace and washed me as white as the new-fallen snow.

Praise God for His wonder working power!

No comments: