Friday 19 June 2015

Salvation is of our God

And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. – Revelation 7.10-12

Salvation belongs to our God.

Praise God for that. Praise God that my salvation is not of me or my strength or wisdom. Salvation is His to give and praise God He gave me salvation way back in 1974. It’s a good thing that salvation is our God because if it were of been it would not have survived that first day I was saved.

Man has tried to make salvation his all through history. He has invented all kinds of religions to claim salvation for himself because then he can feel like he is in control.

But salvation is only of God and only through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus paid it all – all to Him I owe.

And what do I owe?

‘Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might.’

Without the salvation that Christ provides I would have nothing – so every aspect of my worship belongs to Him. And even more than that – everything about every part of my life belongs to Him because sin had left a crimson stain and He washed it white as snow.

Salvation is of Jesus Christ. He is the beginning and the end of my faith. May I be able to say with those around the throne, ‘blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honour and power and might’ be to our God.

No comments: