Thursday 20 August 2015

While I was on the way

And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master's brethren. – Genesis 24.27

It was time for Isaac to find a wife, or to have a wife found for him. Abraham chose a trusted servant for the and sent him back the home country to find a wife from their own people. This was a job that needed to be done.

The servant told the tale once he got there. ‘My master sent me on the way, and once I was on the way the Lord led me.’

I like this lesson. It reminds that unless we are moving we can’t go anywhere and unless we take that first step God cannot lead us. Unless I get up off the couch I am not going to get anything done.

But once I start moving – oh the great things God can do. Abraham must had the same experience when God told him go and he went even though he didn’t know where when he started.

But once he got on the road – God led.

The same is true for us. As ling as we sit on our spiritual couches God cannot lead us and we will do nothing for Him.

So, if we are going to do anything for Him the time to go is now –and then let God show us where to go.

No comments: