Tuesday 27 October 2015

Show me your way

Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” – Exodus 33.13-14

Moses’ chats with God are always a blessing. I like the way that Moses talks to God with full reverence and yet speaking to Him like a friend talks to a friend. Sometimes God expresses His wrath to God and sometimes Moses vents to God. Other times you sense Moses’ deep desire to walk with God and obey Him and do things His way.


Here Moses is seeking God’s direction – something, by the way, that we as God’s people should always desire to see. ‘If I have found grace, show me your way that I may know you and find your grace.’

We know our own way. We know the way the world would have us to go. Are we really willing to seek God’s way and once we know God’s way are we willing to know Him and live in His grace? 

His way is the only way. All others will fail. We find His way in His words. 


Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;

On You I wait all the day. – Psalm 25.4-5

No comments: