Wednesday 18 November 2015

Remember

That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God. I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD your God. – Numbers 15.40-41

There are a lot of things that we are supposed to forget. We are to forget the things that are behind and press forward to our high calling. We are to forget offences. We are to forget about ourselves and put God and others first.

Here though we find something we are supposed to remember. Moses was preparing to take the people on their long journey in the wilderness and God gave him some key things to think about.

Remember to keep my commandments
Remember to be holy
Remember what I brought you out of
Remember that I the Lord your God

All of those things are still good advice. As we try to serve God in our present world we need to remember to live according to His word. This is not going to save us or even keep us saved, but it is going to help us as we make our way through life.

God wants His people to live in holiness. Christians have been declared holy in Christ’s holiness and our lives should strive to match up in practical holiness.

If we remember all that God has delivered us from we are motivated to trust Him. He has done it before and He will do it in the future.

But most of all we must remember that He is the Lord our God. He is good. He is on control. He is all powerful, all knowing, and all wise. There is no place where He is not. He walks by our side. He knows that we are going through.


When I face a hard time or a fearful future I must remember who my God is. If I could just do that things would not be nearly so scary. 

No comments: