Wednesday 18 May 2016

In my distress

"When the waves of death surrounded me, The floods of ungodliness made me afraid. The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry entered His ears. – 2 Samuel 22.5-7

Wow, how many times have we felt like David? Listen to it and let it sink in and remember how the same emotions felt.

The waves of death surrounded me.
The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me.
The snares of death confronted me.

Maybe it is just me. Maybe I am assuming too much. But I suspect that most of us know the feeling that David is expressing. Some times we are too can feel swallowed up in our distress.

My problem is that when I get is distress sometimes I just wallow in the distress and try to figure my own way out of it.

Our answer in those days of distress is to call on the Lord. As we call out to Him we can be assured that He will hear us and that He will listen.

Don’t be full of cares about anything. Instead, in every situation call out to God in prayer and supplication while giving thanks for what you have. Then His peace that passes all understanding will lift you up out of your distress.

No comments: