Wednesday 25 May 2016

My shield

"You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your gentleness has made me great. – 2 Samuel 22.36

We face all kinds of junk being thrown at us by this wicked old world system. We are constantly battered and barraged by all the stuff that is wrong with the world. It can feel overwhelming when no matter where we turn we are faced with junk.

We need some kind of protection don’t we? We need some kind of battier against all the fiery darts of the devil and the world and even out own flesh.

God provides what we need, He provides a shield for us to protect us from all those things that are out their. Ephesians calls it the shield of faith. Here it is called the shield of salvation.

No matter how bad it gets, and it is getting pretty bad, we have a protection. We can fend off all of the attacks of the enemy with our own shield of salvation. My salvation assures me that while things may be tough here there is hope for the future. I can find my hope in Christ for I don’t have to let the rubbish of this world get me down because this is not going to last forever. I don’t have to give in because the Lord will protect my soul.

So I have my shield as I face the world today. May I rest in its protection.

No comments: