Saturday 23 July 2016

Stand still

You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.” - 2 Chronicles 20:17

When it comes to problems or situations that I think need to be sorted I am not very good at standing still. I am one of those people who always thinks that I have the solution and think that my solution surely is the best.

This is where Jehoshaphat found himself. His nation was in a hopeless dilemma. There was nothing they could do. It was beyond anyone’s ability to come up with a solution.

God told them not to be afraid or dismayed because God would fight the battle for them.

Now He expands on that by saying ‘stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.’

There are times in our lives when things get to such a mess that there is nothing else we can do. The great thing is that there is something else. We can stop and stand still and say ‘Lord, there is nothing else I can do. Please sort this out.’

And we can rest that He will sort it is way because He is the only One who is able to handle any situation. Like Peter sinking in the water sometimes all we can do is say ‘Lord save me.’

Thank God that He is able to handle anything we face.

No comments: