Thursday 29 September 2016

Integrity

Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil? And still he holds fast to his integrity, although you incited Me against him, to destroy him without cause.” – Job 2.3

Job passed the first test with flying colours. He was indeed a man who feared God and hated evil. He would not blame God. Indeed he blessed God even in his trials.

So Satan came back to God and God asked Satan if he had seen the test. ‘Have you considered Job? He still holds fast to his integrity despite all the troubles he has faced.’

Integrity seems to be a vanishing trait.  Job was a man of principles. He could not be bought or sold or persuaded to turn from his principles by fear or pragmatism or offer of reward. ‘Everyone has their price’ some say – men of integrity like Job do not have a price.

How precious do we hold out integrity? Could we maintain it even through the trials of Job?

I want that kind of integrity in my life. I want to hold to it no matter what may come my way.

God, give me that kind of spirit.

No comments: