Friday 7 October 2016

I know that my redeemer lives

Oh, that my words were written!
Oh, that they were inscribed in a book!
That they were engraved on a rock
With an iron pen and lead, forever!
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me! – Job 19.23-27

Job was down and discouraged and disheartened and disappointed and yes, even disillusioned with God. He was trying to come to grips with where he was and what was going on. He dug deep and clung on to what I once heard called ‘raw faith.’ Job didn’t have much faith left it appears, but the raw faith he clung to did know two things – God was alive and Job would see Him in His life one day.

I think we have had been around any time at all and have been saved very long at all we have had occasions when we have had to dig down deep and depend on raw faith. Sometimes all we have is he blessed assurance that our redeemer is alive.

But at the end of the day that is enough. If I know that Christ is my redeemer and the fact that he is alive that can get me though the worst of times because at least I have something to cling to.

Praise God that in those darkest days my redeemer lives every to make intercession for us.

I serve a risen Saviour, He’s in the world today. I know that He is living whatever man may say.

No matter what I face today He is there. His life gives me hope because though I face all kinds of impossibilites, nothing is impossible with God.

No comments: