Monday 24 October 2016

Man up

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: "Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me: "Would you indeed annul My judgment? Would you condemn Me that you may be justified? Have you an arm like God? Or can you thunder with a voice like His? Then adorn yourself with majesty and splendour, And array yourself with glory and beauty. - Job 40:6-10

Job had decided to sit up and let God teach Him, and God did just that. God starts with the words ‘prepare yourself like a man…’ In today’s slang we would say that ‘man up.’

I hope ‘man up’ is not a sexist phrase, but I think we all have the idea. When we ‘get in trouble’ over something it can be tempting to try and make excuses and get out of trouble.

I think I am glad that I don’t have to see God face to face when He deals with my sin and by doubts and my lack of faith. I am glad that He deals with me through His word and as the Holy Spirit.

When I am confronted with my sin there is no room for excuses or passing the blame. When I am in sin and God reveals it to me it is time to man up and get things sorted. By manning up I admit my sin, I repent, I confess my sin and forsake it.


May I have the character to man up when God deals with my sin. 

No comments: