Wednesday 23 November 2016

Guide me

Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day. Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses, For they are from of old. – Psalm 25.4-6

Show me Your ways
Teach me Your paths
Lead me in Your truth and teach me in it
I will wait for you
Remember Your mercies and love

What a wonderful prayer of submission and supplication.

David was seeking answers. He knew deep down in his heart that God was in control.

But David was a man of flesh just like us. We know from other scriptures that there were times when his faith was weak.

But here he sucks it up and turns his thoughts toward God. David decides to let God sort things out.

He asks God to show him the right way to go. Only God’s way will work in the long run. There is a way that seems right to us, but end of those ways are death. He asks God to teach us His way – and He does that through His word. He asks God to lead him in truth and teach him in truth – something God does for us in the Holy Spirit.

With that knowledge we ought to be able to wait on the Lord because of His love and His mercy. There really is no place for our fears and anxieties if we believe that He is leading us and guiding us and directing us and teaching us.

How can I fear, indeed. Jesus is near. And He ever watches over me.*

*From ‘How Can I Fear’ by Ron Hamilton

No comments: