Saturday 26 November 2016

He has heard

Blessed be the LORD, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications! The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.  - Psalm 28:6-7

I think we have all been in situations where we are talking to someone and then we suddenly realise that they have not heard a word we have said. Chances are that we have done the same thing to others and suddenly realised that someone is talking to us and we have totally missed it.

I think sometimes we think that may think the God does the same thing to us. We pour out our hearts to God and then what we think should happen doesn’t happen and then we start to think that maybe He didn’t hear us.

But God does hear his children when we call out to Him. David said ‘bless the Lord because he has heard the voice of my supplications.’ David said that he was helped in his trouble when his heart trusted God.

And then He rejoiced because God heard him pray.

There is great comfort in knowing God hears our prayers because even if we don’t get what we want we know that God heard and we can trust Him to do what is best.

For us to succeed when we don’t see things going our way there are two things we must trust by faith.

We must trust that God hears us
We must trust that He is going to do best

With that in mind we can always pray in total confidence and rejoice even before He answers.


I too can bless the Lord because I find comfort in the fact that He hears me! 

No comments: