Wednesday 2 November 2016

Meditate with God

But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly;
The Lord will hear when I call to Him.
Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.
Selah – Psalm 4.3-4

This seems to kind of go along with the thoughts about sleep in Psalm 3. We are still, if you will, in bed. It only makes sense since we spend roughly a third of our lives there.

I know that some people turn off the light, roll over, and the next thing they know the alarm is going off. I don’t think I have ever had a night like that.

I spend extensive time nearly every night ‘meditating within my heart on my bed.’

Those hours need not be wasted hours. There is some great advice here for those times. Remember in those hours that the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself. Remember that he hears when I call. Remember to not allow our anger to become sinful wrath. As a side note, the best way to do that is to ‘not let the sun go down on our wrath.’

We can find stillness in those troublesome night hours as we meditate on who God is and what He has done for us.


Don’t waste those seemingly wasted hours. Meditate on God and who He is and find blessed stillness. 

No comments: