Friday 4 November 2016

The Lord heard me

I am weary with my groaning;
All night I make my bed swim;
I drench my couch with my tears.
My eye wastes away because of grief;
It grows old because of all my enemies.
Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;
For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.
The Lord has heard my supplication;
The Lord will receive my prayer. – Psalm 6.6-9

David continues on with a theme here as He once again refers to our beds and sleep and what goes on in our heads during those troublesome night hours. I envy those who read these posts and have no idea what I am talking about. Some folks just go to bed and that’s it. Some of us don’t.

Those of us who don’t sleep well can identify with David here.

I am tired of the midnight moanings and groanings as sleep eludes me. I am tired of the tears, or near tears that consume me in those hours. I grieve because of my fears. My enemies and their attacks grow old.

We may not face real flesh and blood enemies, but our inner enemies beset us with worries and frets and fears.

When we face those times it is the last part of this psalm that we need to remember –

For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.
The Lord has heard my supplication;
The Lord will receive my prayer.

In those hours we must remember that the Lord is hearing our prayers and our tears and He understands us and that He will always receive our prayers.


Those hours are not wasted – God knows. 

No comments: