Thursday 8 December 2016

I have proclaimed

I delight to do Your will, O my God,
And Your law is within my heart.”
I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness
In the great assembly;
Indeed, I do not restrain my lips,
O Lord, You Yourself know.
I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth
From the great assembly. – Psalm 40.8-10

The Christian life is great. We have relationship with God himself. Out future is secure. We can rest that our God will meet all our needs. We know that Jesus died on the cross for us and He loves us and we can call him ‘Abba.’

Isn’t that great? We have fellow Christians who we can fellowship with and enjoy our lives and go on till we go to heaven.

It is great, but what are we doing with all that good news? Do we tell anyone? Does anyone know the good news because of us?

I have no problem proclaiming my political views. I am happy to tell you what I think about the issues in the news. I thrill to tell you about the exploits of the Irish rugby team. When they beat New Zealand a few weeks ago I wanted to make sure that everyone knew.

But when it comes to proclaiming all the God does for me I can be a little bit, well, actually, a lot slower and more hesitant.


I want to have David’s testimony in my life. God has already given me the power to do and He has already instructed me to do it, so now it comes down to me. Will I be faithful in proclaiming the wonderful works of God in my life? 

No comments: