Tuesday 20 December 2016

You have done it

But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good. – Psalm 52.8-9

I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. I will praise You forever, because you have done it. With my brothers and sisters I will wait and depend on Your name because it is good.

The future can be a scary thing. The only thing we know about the future is that we don’t know about the future. What is going to happen next?

Sometimes we face uncertain futures and we can’t figure out what how things are going to play out. We may be looking down the road and not know how our future is going to work out. We may face what we see as situations that don’t have a solution.

But we have hope. Our hope is in God’s mercy and we can trust his mercy for the future because He has already done it for us in the past.


God is good, every day, all the time. He has done what we have needed over and over again in the past. That means I can wait on Him to sort out the great unknowns of my future. 

No comments: