Wednesday 25 January 2017

My Lord knows the way

Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.
I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And I will glorify Your name forevermore.
For great is Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol. – Psalm 86.11-13

We face a choice of paths and directions and ways to go. We have major choices at times and we also have everyday seemingly insignificant choices. But we never know where those choices are going to lead.

It is hard to know sometimes which path to take because on every path there are twists and turns and unknowns further along the trail.

So how do we know which path to take? How do we know which way to follow?

‘Teach me your way O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth.’

We need to know God’s way and the only way for us to know it is to allow His Holy Spirit to direct us. We find those directions for His way in His word and we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us.

We need to be aware in advance that chance are that God’s path is not going to be the easy way and most folks are not going to join us. God's way is narrow and it can be hard, but when it is done it will be worth it all when we see Jesus. 

But God’s ways are always best. There is a way that seems right to man but its end is death. God’s way is the way of life. My only hope in this troublesome world is let God lead me in His way.


My Lord knows the way through the wilderness. All I have to do is follow. 

No comments: