Wednesday 11 January 2017

Until I went

When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me—
Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end. – Psalm 73.16-17

Psalm 73 is full of despair. Things just are not working out for the psalmist. He is mystified as he tries to understand his trouble and to reconcile it with his relationship with God. He couldn’t figure it out so he did what most of us do – he wandered around confused and not understand and in pain.

Until, that is, until he did the right thing.

It was too painful until I went to the sanctuary of God – then I understood.

When I try to figure out the world and fairness and why some wicked seem to prosper and get away with it an good and godly people suffer and hurt it makes no sense to me at all. It doesn’t seem fair.

But when I go the Lord and I look at His word or I go to a godly friend or go to church and hear the word of God taught things will fall into place for me. I may not totally get it, but I should be convinced that God does get it and because He does get it I can choose to trust Him to sort it out.

The truth is that God is going to sort out all of the pain and injustice and unfairness and inequity that we see around us today. God will reward His children and He will deal with the wicked who seem to prosper today.

When I see these things around me today I don’t have to get it. God does get it and I can trust Him.

No comments: