Saturday 8 April 2017

If I don't remember You

If I do not remember you, Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth— If I do not exalt Jerusalem Above my chief joy. – Psalm 137.6

Ouch – this one is really a bit painful. This may not mean anything to anyone but me, but I have put these up every day for about ten years so here we go.

‘If I don’t remember you I need to just keep my mouth shut.’

This is pretty profound in a world where far too many of us as believers are forgetting about the Lord in so many practical ways, but we talk about everything else in the world. If we can’t remember the Lord in our conversation, then we ought to just be quiet.

But for me there is a bit here that is even more convicting. This verse really hit home for me.

There a couple things about the future that I am having a hard time remembering to trust the Lord with. I am not remembering that the Lord has it covered. It is kind of one of those mote/beam situations. I can tell others how to sort those thoughts out, but I can't do it myself.

So Lord, help me remember You in those uncomfortable, trying uncertain times. Help me remember that You are in control and that You have the wisdom and the power to do the right thing.

Then empower me to speak of what You are doing.

No comments: