Saturday 22 April 2017

Singing with thanksgiving

Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God, Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains. He gives to the beast its food, And to the young ravens that cry. He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. - Psalm 147:7-10

I don’t always remember to give thanks. I can take an awful for granted. When we have it we don’t think about it.

I have breath. My heart beats. My body, even at 61 years old, mostly works. I have a wonderful family. I work with an amazing church. I have food to eat and a I have clothes to wear and I know I will sleep tonight in a clean, comfortable bed. I don’t worry about what I am going to eat tomorrow.

And I am a child of God. My eternity is secure. Jesus is my Saviour, and as we remembered just last week – He is alive.

There is a lot to be thankful for, but, there are things I still am anxious about. That is why one of the answers to anxiety for thanksgiving. It changes my focus from what I don’t have to what I do have.

O give thanks to the Lord. In everything give thanks. Giving thanks always for all things. I will enter His gates with thanksgiving on my heart.


Than thanksgiving should fill me heart with joy that my heart’s song becomes a thanksgiving song. 

No comments: