Sunday 20 August 2017

Who will declare?

He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. – Isaiah 53.7-8

There is a question right here in the middle of this great discourse on the sacrifice of our Saviour. He went through all of this, but He was cut off. So the question is presented – ‘who will declare His generation?’

I wonder if Isaiah thought back to when he heard the Lord say ‘who will I send? Who will go for us?’ God has chosen to use men to spread His message. Getting that message out was the last thing Jesus said on earth after His resurrection. “You shall be by witness He said,’ and ‘go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.’

Without someone going to ‘declare His generation’ man is never going to hear. God has chosen you and me to to declare Him to the world around us.

Who will declare? By the grace of God let it me you and me.

No comments: