Wednesday 13 September 2017

I knew you

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." – Jeremiah 1.5

I enjoy looking at the times when God called prophets and preachers. I enjoy seeing their responses and God’s reaction to their responses. God is about to call a preacher who He knows is basically going to be ignored by the people. I guess that is nothing new.

Before God even announces his call the Jeremiah he reminded Him of an important truth that Jeremiah had to keep in mind as he began to serve God. It is a truth that he could cling when he doubted if God really knew what He was doing.

I knew you before I formed you in the womb. Before you were born I set you apart and ordained you a prophet.

Jeremiah needed to know that his being a prophet was God’s plan. He had to know that God had ordained it. When we think about this we can be reminded that God knows exactly what is going on in our lives. He knows us like He knew Jeremiah and He has also set us apart from the world.


God knows what is happening in our lives. We take confidence that even when we can’t figure it out He is there and He knows. He knew us before we were born and He knows us today. And He has ordained that His children have a ministry of serving God by loving Him and loving others and shared the gospel of Christ. 

No comments: